2015 - 2017
Description for Bagré
Bagré multipurpose scheme was built in 1993 and is located along Nakambé river.
The dam and hydropower plant are operating with a reservoir partially filled with sediments. The assignment consists in the appraisal of the current conditions of the project especially in order to allow a further development of the irrigation uses of the reservoir.
- Catchment (Surface = 33,500 km2)
- Earthfill dam (H = 41 m, L = 4,5 km, Reservoir = 1700 Mm3)
- Hydropower production (n.2 Kaplan Turbines, IP = 17 MW)
- Irrigation (n.2 Irrigation canals, Irrigated surface = 8100 hectares)
- Total installed population in the province (610,000 inhabitants)
- Sociologic survey aimed to the identification of water users
- Land cover study using satellite imagery and RUSLE model
- Execution of bathymetry on the whole reservoir (1700 Mm3)
- Topographic survey with LiDAR technology an about 580 km2 surface
- Tender documents for reservoir refurbishment especially through de-silting works